Fitzgerald Lewis, Attorney at Law
Fitzgerald Lewis is the founding member and chairman of the Law Offices of Lewis and Associates.
- Miami Christian College (Trinity University) Bachelor of Science-summa cum laude
- Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College – Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland – Greenbelt Division
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland – Baltimore Division
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- All courts of the District of Columbia
- All state courts for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- All state courts for the State of Maryland
- All state courts for the Commonwealth of Virginia
ASSOCIATIONS AND COMMENDATIONS
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Lawyers for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Three Bronze Medals from USEPA
- Commendation from United States Congress
- Who’s Who of American Lawyers
- Pre-Eminent Lawyers of America
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Mr. Lewis’s current practice focuses on civil litigation and white-collar criminal defense in federal and state courts. As a former government attorney and prosecutor on both state and federal levels he is intimately familiar with the local practices of state and federal prosecutors, and enforcement agencies like the sheriff’s offices and the Federal Bureau of Investigations. His areas of experience include: a number of federal and state criminal and civil trials; administrative enforcement proceedings; civil and criminal forfeiture proceedings; federal, state, and corporate investigations.
Mr. Lewis has successfully prosecuted and defended civil and criminal cases against individuals as well as Fortune 500 companies. The Firm under the direction of Mr. Lewis has represented approximately one thousand clients. Recently, Mr. Lewis has represented professionals in civil and criminal matters in state and federal courts. Mr. Lewis is currently representing a corporation in prosecuting a multimillion dollar action under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (“RICO”) Act in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Mr. Lewis is widely known for his frequent television appearances on CNN, NBC, ABC, Voice of America, PAX Network, Canadian Broadcasting System, Sagarmata TV, and a number of other international television networks. Mr. Lewis is also an active member of several bar associations and the Cornelius Honor Society.
Mr. Lewis lives in Northern Virginia with his wife and two sons, and is an active member of his local Church.